Seattle Times “Know Your News Quiz” Official Sweepstakes Rules
- No purchase necessary to enter. The Sweepstakes is open to Washington state residents who are age 18 or older at the time of entry. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. One entry per person per quiz (for a total of 14 quizzes); one winner per household.
- Employees and immediate family members (dependents under IRS rules), contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies of The Seattle Times are not eligible.
- How to enter: Visit ST.News/Quiz, take the daily trivia quiz, and follow the instructions at the end of the quiz to submit an entry online between 12:01a.m. PST on April 3, 2019, and 11:59 p.m. PST on April 16, 2019.
- Entries must be received by11:59 p.m. PST on April 16, 2019. Winners will be selected at random by Sweepstakes officials on or around April 22, 2019. Winner need not be present to win. One (1) grand prize winner will receive an Apple iPad 9.7” Pro. Approximate value $429.99. Five (5) winner(s) will receive $50 gift card to a participating Seattle Restaurant Week restaurant. Approximate value $50. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered.
- Winner will be notified, by email, on or around April 10, 2019. Odds of winning depend of number of entries received. To request a list of prize winners, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope to The Seattle Times, c/o Seattle Times Know Your News Quiz, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA, 98111-0070.
- Winners are responsible for all taxes and liabilities associated with each prize. The Seattle Times reserves the right to require any forms for eligibility and/or tax purposes within 7 days of notification and prior to prize redemption. Noncompliance may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Sweepstakes entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official Rules and by the decisions of the Sweepstakes commissioners at The Seattle Times, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
- The Seattle Times is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or any entries that lack sufficient postage; or any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. The Sweepstakes can be canceled, terminated, modified or suspended at any time for any reason by the aforementioned company.
- Entrants agree to release The Seattle Times and all Sweepstakes sponsors from any and all liability resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or use of any prize won. Entrants further consent to release to the aforementioned companies the use of each winner’s proper name, city, and state for purposes of advertising any other media or trade in connection with the Sweepstakes without further compensation. The aforementioned companies further reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on entrants Sweepstakes obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Seattle Times, PO Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111-0070. For questions regarding this particular promotion, you may call the promotions department at (206) 652-6307.